Commercial cleaning companies determine their prices based on three major categories. The first one is the area of the space that needs cleaning.
Second is the number of hours a cleaner will take to complete the cleaning requirement. Lastly, the job scope or the cleaning tasks that you want your cleaners to complete.
We understand your requirement and we want to explain to you the elaborate details on how a commercial cleaning service provider charges, let us dive into this conversation and make this discussion useful to you and your business.
There are factors to consider in determining a price for commercial cleaning. In Australia (and I believe these are also applied around the world), businesses that operate in the cleaning industry considers the size of the premise, the amount of time that a cleaner will spend in completing a certain cleaning requirement, cleaning frequency, and how many cleaners are needed for the job.
Schedule an Onsite Meeting with a Sales Manager
Competition in prices will always surface in any business. With office cleaning in Sydney, a fair matrix is observed in each State. Do not get confused with affordable cleaning rates because it may not cover all the things that you needed.
Commercial cleaning businesses factor in the cost of the cleaning chemicals that they need to get the job done. It is better for you to look for professional cleaning services in your area and schedule an onsite meeting with a Sales Manager. During the walkthrough, you are expected to give the Sales Manager a quick tour of your office or business. This is the time that you need to explain your expectations while showing the areas that you need cleaning.
You may wonder why the commercial cleaners are getting less than the actual amount that the commercial company has charged you. Bigger commercial cleaning companies also factor in costs for overall administrative works and other overhead expenses.
Apart from the regular pay rate, cleaners also get the chance of earning more if they work during public holidays, overtime work, and working on Sundays.
Special cleaning like the end of lease cleaning, deep cleaning, spring cleaning, and window cleaning follow more expensive rates. This cleaning requirement does not follow the usual rate because it requires more work for the cleaners.
In Australia, commercial cleaning companies will visit the premises to see the actual size of it and to ask the actual cleaning requirements that the customer needs. It is always recommended to collect at least three proposals to have a better comparison of what you are getting into.
For you to save time in qualifying commercial cleaners in your local area, you need to know what your business really needs. It will also be a great help to have a specific list of what are the things that are needed to be done.
Always look for a cleaning company that can do both the routine and special cleaning. You are increasing your chance of getting into a great bargain if you keep this in mind. Just a tip, most cleaning companies in Australia will require you to sign a binding agreement. You may negotiate with them and ask for a trial period first.
They will definitely understand your intention with this. No one would love to be locked into anything without knowing what they are up with. It is always best to test the quality of any product or service that you are planning to invest in.
What Dictates The Price of Commercial Cleaning?
We all know that commercial cleaning is very far from house cleaning. Commercial cleaning has more precise needs and special equipment may be required to achieve your customer’s expectations.
Here are some key points that commercial cleaners include when they submit a proposal for a cleaning job:
- Frequency – in a nutshell, a cleaner will spend less time cleaning a company who requires frequent cleaning.
- Size of the premises – the size determines the number of hours a cleaner has to stay and clean the premises.
- Cleaning Schedule – Most of the businesses do not want to be interrupted during working hours. Commercial cleaning companies in Australia offer cleaning after hours. By doing so, these cleaning companies can charge premium rates for having the cleaning done over the weekends or late at night when they are not busy trading. Cleaning outside of working hours comes at a higher rate because of regulations regarding pay rates.
- Cleaning Supplies – Experienced commercial cleaners know the best chemicals to use on what type of dirt and grime they have to deal with. You will also expect that they have all the necessary equipment to achieve the spotless office that you are dreaming of.
- Insurance – Peace of mind is the best offer you can give to your customer. Insurance protects the cleaning company and its customers from accidents, loss, and damaged items.
How Much Do A Commercial Cleaning Company Charge for Services
- Fixed commercial cleaning rates
- Commercial cleaning rates per square metre
- Commercial cleaning rates per hour
- Commercial cleaning rates per square foot
Seamless Quality Control At Your Doorstep
All customers have a certain expectation when they hire or buy something from you. Quality Control plays a vital part in the cleaning industry.
For us to ensure that our customers will remain loyal to us, we need to constantly monitor the performance of our cleaners. We need to know if the customers are satisfied or are there any challenges that we need to work on.
Larger cleaning companies in Australia employ Customer Service Support and experienced Quality Control Inspectors that will check the performance of each and every cleaner that they have deployed onsite.
The cost of this support system has been factored in when the cleaning company submitted a proposal to you. Training will also play an important role in this part. A responsible cleaning company should always provide training and retraining for their cleaners.
Touching base with cleaning procedures or just simply knowing the condition of the worksite is a good practice.
Routine Cleaning As Compared To Special Cleaning
Speaking of regular cleaning and special cleaning, there are cleaning companies who just focus on regular cleaning and do not deal with specialty cleanings like steam carpet cleaning and window cleaning.
There are few cleaning companies in Australia who choose to venture into both fields and for me, it will be a keeper. Most businesses are now investing in the overall cleanliness of their premises. Why? We cannot deny the fact that the overall facade of your business will define your success.
Suppliers and customers will definitely choose to deal with a company that owns a presentable office. It gives a lasting, trusting impression. In quoting for a routine cleaning job, the Sales Manager will think of the basic things a business needs These basic cleaning includes:
- Hard floor mopping and sweeping
- Collecting rubbish
- Dusting, wiping, and polishing of furniture
- Cleaning and disinfecting kitchen and toilets
- Refilling of toiletries like hand soap, toilet paper, and hand towels
This Checklist Provided Below Is a Sample of Routine Cleaning for an Office.
Daily Office Cleaning
- Empty waste receptacles and replace liners. Wash as needed.
- Dust all horizontal surfaces of desks, chairs, tables, and other furniture.
- Remove cobwebs from the front entry and immediate surroundings
- Clean automatic glass doors inside and out
- Vacuum all hard floors
- Mop all hard floors with disinfectant
- Ensure all areas are clean and arranged neatly
Weekly Office Cleaning
- Dust partitions, tops of mirrors, and frames
- Clean all glass inside and outside with a squeegee
- Vacuum air vents and chairs
- Clean all glass inside and outside with squeegee
Kitchen and Bathroom
- Stock toilet paper, hand towels, and soap
- Empty waste receptacles and wipe if needed, replace bin liners as required
- Clean and polish mirrors
- Wipe towel dispensers and dryers
- Wipe down doors and sills – remove all dust and prints
- Clean and sanitize all sinks
- Remove all splash marks from walls and partitions around the sink
- Remove garbage from all areas
- Spot clean internal glass doors
- Toilets and urinals to be cleaned, disinfected, sanitized and wiped dry on all sides
- Sweep all hard floors
- Mop clean restroom and kitchen floors with disinfectant
Commercial cleaning companies may choose to just focus on office maintenance. Others will choose to specialize in factories and restaurants.
Whatever the case may be, you can easily find a commercial cleaner for every business type or organization.
Here are the top businesses who hire professional commercial cleaners:
- Schools and Universities
- Hospitals and Health Clinics
- Retail Stores
As mentioned above, commercial cleaners charge a set rate for routine cleaning. Some of the services that a cleaner can earn extra are:
- Internal and External Window Cleaning
- Strip and Seal of Hard Floor Surfaces
- Steam Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
- Emergency Cleaning
- Pest Control
- Graffiti Removal
We hope that you found this article helpful. You now know how the price is being determined by commercial cleaners, commercial cleaning rates per square meter, and per hour in Australia.
I know that you are now excited to call your local cleaning provider and see what kind of charging method will they use when they present their proposal. Clean Group Sydney is one of the common ways to search for a commercial cleaning provider.
We also teach you the basics of routine cleaning and what to expect when you hire a professional cleaner to do this job for you. Again, for special cleaning, look for a cleaning company that can offer both the routine and the special cleaning to get a better deal. Please feel free to leave a comment on the chatbox below.
We are excited to hear your thoughts and insights. Let us share our best practices and your recommendations when hiring a commercial cleaner in Australia. This is a perfect way to know who among your local cleaning provider stands out from the crowd.