Today you’re going to see the fun facts about cleaning by Clean Group. Let’s get started.
Cleaning is never fun. For most people, it is one of the most tedious activities in life. Rarely will you hear people associate it with the word “fun”? As a commercial cleaning company that loves and enjoys cleaning business premises, we want to break the negative connotations that are usually attached to it.
So today, we’d like to share some fun facts about Sydney cleaning that hopefully will help change the way you look at cleaning your homes and workplaces.
Did You Know That…
1. 85-87% of the average person’s time is spent indoors at home. This means that keeping our home cleans should be one of our priorities.
2. By cleaning for two hours, you burn 200 worth of calories. In fact, different cleaning chores burns varying amount of calories in the body. Mopping for an hour, for example, can burn about 153 calories and scrubbing the tub for 15 minutes lets you shed 90 calories.
3. Every year about 300,000 cases of reported illnesses are foodborne. Making it a habit to wash your hands after handling food is the best way to avoid falling victim to such illnesses.
4. You need to leave antibacterial cleaners on dirty surfaces for 30 to 60 before wiping them away. It allows enough time for the cleaner to absorb dirty and kill bacteria and germs.
5. Around 70-80% of dust particles are dead skin cells.
6. Iceland, according to researchers at Columbia and Yale Universities, is the cleanest country in the world having a score of 93.5. While Sierra Leone ranks the lowest having only a score of 32.1.
The scores were based on several factors such as water and air quality; greenhouse emissions; environmental public health; and the diversity of the ecosystem.
7. Your kitchen sink is dirtier than your toilet seat! That is because people focus on cleaning and disinfecting the toilet more than they do on the sink thinking that the former is dirtier than the latter. In fact, E.coli thrives more on a wet and moist sink.
8. Whenever you flush your toilet, “toilet plumes” or small waste particles get sprayed into the air, which you can inhale or can attach themselves to your toothbrush. Starting today, make it a habit to close the lid before flushing the toilet.
9. Banana peels can be used to polish silver and leather shoes. So the next time you have bananas, be sure to keep the banana peels. It can help you save on polished products.
10. An office phone contains about 25,000 germs per square inch. But there’s no need to panic. All you have to do is give your office phone a quick wipe with a disinfecting wipe daily.
You are following these fun facts about cleaning. Then your workplace stays completely germ-free and neat and clean at all times. Don’t hesitate to ask for help from professional commercial cleaners.
They have the right tools and equipment to remove deep-seated dirt and tough germs in any part of your workplace. You can also rest assured that your premises will be cleaned to the highest standards.
By hiring a commercial cleaning company, you can ensure that your office or place of business will remain clean, sanitise, and healthy for you, your staff, and your customers.
If you want to know more, read the ultimate cleaning guide by Clean Group.