This guide will show you exactly the top 10 tips for carpet care and maintenance by Clean Group. So let’s get started.
Carpets have a way to compliment any room it is placed in and it adds to the overall look of a space. But they are something that goes through a lot of wear and tear throughout the whole day. And if you want your carpets to look as neat as a new pin like you just installed it then you have to take proper care of it. Properly cleaned and maintained carpets will last longer than the ones that are not taken care of on a regular basis. Yes, you need professional carpet cleaners from a reputed carpet cleaning service provider but there are some cleaning measures you can take to add to your carpet maintenance.
1. In case of spills, always attend to the affected area immediately because if the spill stays unattended for a longer period of time it will get harder to remove the stain afterwards. Never rub the affected area rigorously as this will abrade the carpet fabric and even spread the stain. Always use paper towels so you don’t face the problem of transferring dye of the coloured cloth to the carpet. Keep on dabbing the area till it becomes dry and then vacuum it thoroughly. And remember to call the cleaning professionals the very same day.
2. In case of food spills, try to remove the solid matter as much as possible with the help of a butter knife or a spoon. Pour a little amount of water and dab gently and you can even use a meagre amount of laundry detergent if required. Once you do this, vacuum the area properly by adding a little amount of water now and then. You can even make your own stain cleaner by mixing ¼ tsp of laundry detergent with 230 ml of cold water.
3. Make sure to place doormats at every door so that you don’t carry dirt and dust into your home or office and onto your carpets. This is the most common way by which a carpet can get dirty and grimy.
4. Make a cleaning schedule and vacuum the carpets frequently. Vacuum the area twice or thrice a week that has more footfall traffic and once where the foot traffic is comparatively less. Not just the surface never forget to vacuum underneath the carpet from time to time to get rid of any
5. If the stains and spots doesn’t go away even after cleaning the carpet surface, damp the area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let it dry for an hour or two. Once you do that, dab the area gently until it gets completely cleaned.
6. Never steam the area where there are fresh stains or spills because doing so will lock the stain onto the carpet surface – possibly making it permanent.
7. Only use that vacuum heads or attachments (suction; dusting brush or a bristle bar) that suits your carpet surface as using the wrong one can abrade the carpet’s surface.
8. In case of sprouts or snags spill, use scissors or tweezers to pull them out – avoid using any other tool as that can damage your carpet fabric.
9. You can even deodorize your carpet by making a DIY deodorizer. Mix ½ cup of baking soda and few drops of essential oil such as lavender or bergamot and sprinkle it on your carpets, let it settle and then you can vacuum it as you normally do.
10. Well, all things considered, do not forget to schedule a carpet cleaning with professionals as they have more extensive tools to clean your carpets.
We all believe that a clean office makes your employees productive. Customers trust businesses that are spotless. Also, by keeping a clean office, you are offering your employee a safe and healthy workplace. Your people can trust you more, and...
Chemical-free cleaning is possible. Let us all admit that cleaning can be tedious without the use of special cleaning agents and cleaning products. For commercial cleaners like ourselves, we all know different cleaning tips that can make life easier. Let...
It is a universal truth that if your office is dirty and messy, employees will find it hard to do a good job and perform well. Many studies had shown that cleanliness in workspaces affects the employee's behavior towards their...