In this post, I am going to show you the 9 office cleaning hacks every employee should know by Clean Group. Keep reading.
Office space is indeed a second home for people working in it. And if you work in an office you already know that an office space can turn into a cluttered mess from time to time. But what if the mess that surrounds you and your desk actually hinders you from doing your work properly?
The untidiness around your desk might not look like a too big deal but indirectly can affect your work based on the kind of person you are. The untidiness at your place of work can have a negative impact on your motivation or concentration level.
However, maintaining the cleanliness of an office is not a complicated task. In the event that your professional chunks, and visit only thrice a week or your space needs a quick cleanup, you can follow the below-mentioned office cleaning hacks to help you clean your work effectively.
1. If you happen to eat your meal at your desk, you might leave several crumbs on your keyboard throughout the whole working day. They can be easily removed with sticky notes.
Use the adhesive side of the note to pick up the crumbs. This tip comes in handy for reaching chunks and dust stuck between the keys of your keyboard.
2. Be it books, computers, bookshelves and almost everything in an office space are likely to harbour dust. And dusting each one individually might take forever.
Thus, in order to save time, consider investing in a handheld vacuum, and assign vacuuming duties in rotation. By vacuuming regularly, you will be able to keep your office clean at all times.
3. Along with many other things, chairs can also accumulate dirt and dust. You can easily clean them by mixing up a solution of dishwashing liquid and a small quantity of hydrogen peroxide. Clean the office chairs on the last working day and you will find them as new as a new pin.
4. Carpets and timber wood flooring can get abraded with the constant footfall of employees. Consider placing chairs, and mats under office chairs to keep the floor area near the desk clean and orderly.
5. Gadgets like phones and tablets have the potential to harbour more germs than a toilet seat. Clean them on a frequent basis with a solution of 70% alcohol and water.
6. If you are using trash bags, you can get rid of the odour by sprinkling some baking soda at the bottom of the trash can. Also, to keep the dampness at bay, place some wads of paper at the bottom of the trash bags.
7. To keep your washroom smelling good, use an essential oil diffuser or add a few drops of essential oil to the inside of the toilet roll paper. And every time you roll it, the essential oil will work its magic. Not only just washroom, but you can also even place an essential diffuser near the workstation to keep the space free from any unpleasant odour.
8. If your scissors need a cleanup or have a sticky residue on them, you can use white vinegar to clean the blades. This would keep the scissors rust free and you can also use the vinegar to clean other office metal tools.
9. Use microfiber cloths for a quick clean-up. As microfiber cloths are lint-free and non-abrasive you can clean your desk, computer screen and other furnishings of the office clean without having to worry about leaving any scratches or lint behind. Never use antibacterial wipes to clean your equipment or other office tools.
Thus, keep these easy office cleaning tips in mind so that you can keep your workplace cleaner and fresher all the time. And remember that a neat and tidy office place is an essential part of driving productivity and determination.
We all believe that a clean office makes your employees productive. Customers trust businesses that are spotless. Also, by keeping a clean office, you are offering your employee a safe and healthy workplace.
Your people can trust you more, and you will benefit from the confidence that they gain from a clean space. Please continue reading this article if you want to learn practical office cleaning ideas that most cleaning companies do.
Think about the many benefits a clean office can give you.
The new virus further dictates the need for the offices and workplaces to be clean and healthy. Luckily, there are a lot of cleaning services in Australia that can take these worries off of your shoulder.
Commercial cleaning can also do different kinds of businesses like factories and warehouses. They do not focus on general routine cleaning, but they also provide deep cleaning services.
Cleaning and disinfecting the office dramatically reduces the chances of spreading the deadly virus in the office. One of the alternative solutions that many companies did was to have their employees work at home.
There are a lot of alternatives to have your employees function the same way as before. Allow us to share with you these cleaning tips that will make your space a haven for your employees. Key Hacks and Tips in Office Cleaning
Let us go through some of these office cleaning tips that will make sure to leave your desk and workspace clean and fresh.
Sticky Note Wonders
The keyboard is notorious for being a hoarder of dust and grime. You can run the sticky side of the sticky note in between the keyboard gaps. It will indeed remove the incredible amount of dirt that is seated in between the keys.
Washing of Coffee Stained Cups
Your employees can get busy, and washing their cups can be their least priority. The use of baking soda will do the trick. You have to merely put the baking soda into the stained cup, and fill it halfway with water.
Scrub it using a toothbrush, then let it sit for five to ten minutes. Once it is done, rinse the cup with warm water and be surprised by the result.
A Remedy for your Sticky Desk
You can start by dabbing a cloth into warm water and adding a small amount of oil. Scrub your way through until the sticky, yucky feeling is gone.
The Solution to Smelly Food Containers
We became a victim of smelly food containers once in our lives. This can be a very challenging situation when we set ourselves to have lunch with our colleagues, and the smelly food container steals the fun from lunch.
Another work of wonder thanks to the baking soda. Mix the baking soda in one part of the water and apply the mixture to your food containers. Let it sit for one minute and rinse it with soap and water.
Dealing with Dirty Computer Screens
Microfibre cloths suck up dirt and dust more effectively than any fabric. Run the cloth across the screen from top to bottom following a zigzag pattern. Make this cleaning a habit, and you will be surprised at how bright your day can start.
Keeping Your Office a Haven
Believe in Frequent Handwashing
We all know by now that the COVID-19 virus lives depending on what type of surfaces it landed on. We could not exempt ourselves from washing hands, especially if we touched common touchpoints.
Protecting ourselves should be our top priority and on the other hand, washing your hands means that you care for the other people around you.
You do not want to be the source of spreading the virus. Wash your hands as often as you can.
One-Way Wipe Pattern
Clean your office space by using a one-way wipe pattern. You need to wipe a surface only in one direction going down.
Do not go over it again towards the end or in the opposite direction because it will deposit the germs that were just wiped down. Routinely wipe down all frequently touched surfaces like file folders, desks, and door handles.
Clean your Office Fridge Regularly
Rotting food kept in the office fridge is a sure source of harmful bacteria and viruses. Be responsible enough to put your leftover food in the trash if you do not have any more plans of consuming them.
Most of the office goers are too preoccupied with their work, and some of them may forget that they have placed something inside the fridge.
Before you know it, it has turned blue. Cleaning service also provides fridge cleaning, and you can advise the cleaners that they have all the rights in the world to throw rotting food away.
Practice Color-Coding Cleaning
Most cleaning companies in Australia are familiar with this practice. Colour-coding cloths and mops are very crucial to make sure that there is no room for cross-contamination.
It would be best if you used a different cloth for wiping your desk and at the same time, another cloth for wiping the toilet seat. Do not ever confuse a kitchen cloth with a toilet cloth.
Use of Disinfectants
Familiarize yourself with what disinfectants can do. There are a lot of disinfectants that are approved by the Australian Government for office sanitising services.
One of the common disinfectants is household bleach, and you can mix it with water. You can mix five tablespoons of bleach per gallon of water. This mixture is suitable for floors and other large surfaces.
You can also mix four teaspoons of bleach per quart of water for small surfaces and items like picture frames, wall decors, and other fixtures.
Some companies have chosen to operate in this time of the pandemic. As one of the commercial cleaning providers in Australia, we want to help everyone to stay healthy and safe in the office.
There are so many cleaning tips that can be followed in the office set-up. Two things, when giving out cleaning tips, we make sure that it is practical and doable. We want to make sure that regular employees can follow them with ease.
There are a lot of cleaning tips available on the internet, and you can research them yourself and see which ones work best for you. As for us, cleaning has always been our business, and we want to share a cleaner and the safer world with everyone.
Not just by cleaning desks and surfaces, we want to help fight dangerous pathogens that can make your employees and customers ill.
How about you? How long have you been in business, and what are the tips that made your business survive and endure for so long? Do you agree with our tips?
Office cleaning is simple if you know the right method and equipment to use. The market is continuously growing because of increasing demand. Businesses are starting to reopen, and more and more employees are required to report for work.
Office cleaning tips can be taught, but you will still need help from professional office cleaners to do a more thorough job. Share your cleaning tips with us and let us help build a stronger cleaning community.
Let us know how you feel about the article by dropping a comment below.