Shopping malls offer leisure. What is challenging about shopping mall cleaning is the amount of foot traffic it receives day in and day out. People go to the shopping centre to relax, shop, and entertain themselves.
It will never be comforting if the place is not maintained correctly. Most shopping centres hire their cleaning staff to oversee these unique needs professionally.
Join us as we talk about these needs and how does the commercial cleaning world plays an essential role in this industry.
Helpful Tips in Shopping Centre Cleaning
Mall in Australia receives a massive amount of foot traffic. People go there to visit areas like food courts, retail stores, groceries, dining areas, and a lot more. Due to this fact, mall cleaning is time-consuming.
An effective cleaning strategy has to be in place to make sure that the cleaning services offer the best cleaning solutions to the place. Providing an excellent shopping experience should be your number priority as the commercial cleaner.
shopping centre cleaning has to a positive atmosphere and a relaxed environment to be inviting to patrons. Cleaning a vast area is not as easy as it looks.
Mall owners need to seriously consider hiring a company that will provide cleaning services that are fitted to the shopping centre cleaning unique cleaning requirements.
- Floors are the main challenge in mall cleaning. Entry and exit points get dirty quicker than the rest of the mall areas. Apart from maintaining the physical cleaning of these massive floor size, commercial cleaners also consider the safety of all the people who go to the mall. Walking on a slippery floor is something that should not be happening.
- Maximize the use of mats on all entry and exit points of the shopping centre. This will help you in cleaning because it can collect enough amount of debris from the footwear of the people who go in and out of the area. It will prevent the spread of dirt and dust.
- Let us remember that regular cleaning will keep the shopping centre nice to look at it also reduces the possibility of possible safety hazards.
- Next to floors, the next challenging area to shopping mall cleaning is the restroom. For obvious reasons, toilets in shopping centre receive a significant amount of traffic too. If not maintained properly, it can produce an unpleasant smell that can be unwelcoming to your patrons. A clean restroom is a right way of leaving a positive impression to mall-goers.
- Unlike the typical retail store set up, using the mop and bucket approach will not be efficient to mall cleaning. Companies who offer cleaning services designed for shopping mall cleaning uses a high-quality and cost-effective vacuum cleaner. This equipment is proving to be the best match for the floors, unlike the traditional mop, which can be very time-consuming. The high-quality vacuum cleaner will ensure that it removes mud, spilled food and beverage, and dust and grimes on the shopping mall centre. It will make the cleaning experience easier. Do not waste your precious time in using traditional cleaners as it will not give your desired outcome, and it will not leave the area clean.
Shopping Mall Equipment Care and Precautions
Things to remember while using a cleaning machine or equipment:
- Check the machine’s cable. Do not use the machine and report to your supervisor if the cord is damaged.
- Inspect the machine’s plug. Do not use the machine if it is damaged. You are only allowed to use the equipment if the pin is in perfect or good condition.
- Do not use UPS plug point.
- Place the cable on the corner to avoid safety hazards.
- Please keep all your cleaning materials in an area where they will not come in anyone’s way.
- Do not hang the cable around your neck while cleaning. Just keep it on your right shoulder.
- Always display the appropriate signages to make everyone aware that you are cleaning a particular spot.
- Always wear the right personal protective equipment while on the job.
- The proper equipment should be used for each assigned task.
- Do not pull the machine by the wire or hose.
Cleaning a vast area like a shopping mall cleaning is not an easy task. All rights reserved to the commercial cleaners in Australia. It can be a tedious task if done by unprofessional.
If you manage or owns a shopping centre, you should seriously consider getting professional help from someone who knows the job. Cleaning services in Australia will not break your bank.
They can design the cost depending on the cleaning scopes that you require. If you are a commercial cleaner, do not be overwhelmed by the amount of space or the floor area.
Leaving the area clean and immaculate is not as difficult as you imagined as long as you are using the proper approach, and you are well-equipped with appropriate cleaning tools and equipment.
Let us know how you feel about this article. Do you agree with how we described mall cleaning? Do you think that we can do the job and get these shopping centres clean? Please write us a comment below and share your tips and suggestions on how you successfully do it. See you next time on our next release. Need more info? Read our guide on business cleaning.