Coworking space is in demand these days. It helps small businesses operate with efficient cost. With Covid 19 on the rise, coworking space is at its vulnerable phase. Sharing desks, common areas, and other office equipment are very notorious for spreading the virus.
Frequent disinfection is highly in demand nowadays. Commercial cleaners are offering these services to almost all types of businesses. This office desk cleaning guide will talk about how to sanitize a shared office desk to keep your employees safe.
The How-To of Cleaning and Sanitise a Shared Office Desk and Workplace
Most of us are shifted into work from home setup when the Pandemic hits. Like me, I often need a breather and feel like I am still working in an office. My go-to solution is to sanitise a shared office desk or workplace, one of the hottest trends with freelancers.
Coworking space or shared desks is an open office setup where people from different businesses gather to work. From the word “shared desk”, they are literally sharing desks and workspace.
With the rising numbers of people infected with Covid, how can we be sure that we are safe while we are working in a shared space? How can we attain a level of peace mind and not worry that we will be in contact with the virus?
Clean Before Sanitising or Disinfecting
We all know by now that office desk cleaning is different from sanitising and sanitising is not the same as disinfecting. Before you sanitise or disinfect any surface, you need to make sure that it is free from debris and dust. Desk clean up wiping it with a damp cloth or dust it using a microfibre cloth.
Sanitise or Disinfect the Whole Surface
You can spray the sanitiser or disinfectant on the surface and wipe, clean my desk with a cloth or paper towel. Some sanitiser and disinfectant have designated contact time. Make sure to read the manufacturer’s label to achieve the best result.
Unplug Your Electronics
This is more on the safe side. Before you start cleaning sanitise a shared office desk disinfecting your way. Make sure that all electronics are shut off and unplug.
Clear the Surface from Clutter
For you not to miss a spot, we recommend that you clear your desk away from clutters. Remove all the bits and pieces that are on your desks before cleaning and disinfecting. Do not fall into the habit of cleaning around clutters.
Properly Clean and Sanitise Electronics
Offices have plenty of electronics. Computers, keyboards, mice, printers, projectors, remote controls, etc. – these are all tricky to clean. It is a big no to spray sanitisers directly to electronics as it can destroy them. Read and research the best cleaning methods, and you will be on your way to a safe and clean workspace.
How to Protect Coworking Space Customers
- Encourage your customers to bring their own eating and drinking utensils. Put away all shared cups, spoons and forks from your customers.
- Discourage them from eating and drinking on their stations.
- Be firm with social distancing, temperature check before coming in, and wearing face masks while working.
- Take turns on breaks. Come up with a break schedule to minimise the possibility of crowding at a particular place.
- Always have hand soap, hand towels, sanitisers, disinfectant sprays available at your customer’s disposal. Keep them all in one station to know where to get it before and after their shifts.
General Principles of Touchpoint Cleaning
Shared offices have high foot traffic. High touchpoints can be a threat to everyone if not disinfected properly. Commercial cleaners are experienced and knowledgeable about Covid cleaning.
Studies have proven that frequent disinfection can slow the spread and even stop the virus. Cleaning and disinfection need to be done between uses.
Disinfection is essential in fighting Covid 19.
Here Are Some Points to Consider:
- Clean the area with soap and water if it is visibly dirty. Soap and water break particles and washes dirt away, making it easy to disinfect the surface.
- Make disinfecting wipes and alcohol spray, and paper towels available for your employees’ disposal. Keep it on a spot where they can easily reach them. Making signages and visual aides will also help them be reminded that they have to clean and disinfect the shared desks after each use.
- Always read the manufacturer’s label and allow proper contact time on different surfaces. Various surface materials react differently to cleaning solutions and disinfectant.
- Leave phones, telephone dial pads, calculators, and other stationery items saturated with disinfectant and leave them to air dry.
- Discard used paper towels properly.
- Follow it up with proper hand hygiene. Wash your hands with running water and soap.
Here Are Common Touchpoints to Disinfect in a Shared Office Set-Up:
- Shared desks and partitions
- Shared computers including keyboards, monitors, and mice
- Chairs and benches
- Shared stationery items like staplers, stamp pads, letter openers, etc.
- Shared pens, markers, and board erasers
- Shared tables
- Light switches, door handles and knobs, faucets, water dispensers,
- Appliances in the pantry
- Counters inside the toilet, toilet flush, and toilet partitions
Other Covid-19 Protocols to Follow:
- Keep at least a 6-feet distance away from other people.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol or a hand sanitiser.
- Be mindful of what your hand touches. Do not touch your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well. Keep a safe distance from one another, even at home.
- Use your elbow or cover your nose and mouth if you have to sneeze or cough.
- Always disinfect the items listed above.
- Do not share food, drinks, eating utensils, etc., with other people.
We are all wary of the harmful effects of Covid 19. Businesses are thankful that we are slowly opening the trade, but we cannot deny that we are all at risk.
Commercial cleaners are here to help you. Professional Covid-19 cleaners are equipped with the appropriate PPE to protect themselves during the job. At the same time, they know the best office desk cleaning guide to give you 100% coverage against harmful germs and viruses.
Australia has a huge market for commercial office desk cleaners. Google will help you determine the local cleaner nearest you. Do not have doubts about what wonders can it do to your business.
As we mentioned earlier, everyone is at risk and does not know exactly what you bring home with you to your family after a long day’s work.
We would like to hear from you. Please share your experience working in a shared space and how you can make it safe for you and your colleagues. Did you notice if the shared space had hired a cleaning desk cleaner to do regular disinfection? Do you think that these measures are effective? What other precautionary steps do you think a shared office should take to make their office safe and covid-free? See you next time.