Dust came from dead skin cells that can, later on, transmit illnesses. How can you keep your office safe from the flu? Offices are high-traffic places that increase your vulnerability to catching the disease. Have yourself protected by keeping your office clean and safe. Windows can become dirty and dusty.
Dust builds up to window ledges and panes which can, later on, become a hazard. Who else can help you achieve the cleaning that you need? There is a lot of office cleaning services in Sydney and across all Australia that you can call anytime. Guide on workplace cleaning can help you with more information.
Techniques of Basic Window Cleaning in Australia
The Basic Fan Technique
- First, wet the glass with your less dominant hand. This will help train you in using the two-handed technique, later down the road. Use firm pressure on your T-Bar and make sure you are covering the entire surface of the glass, including all corners.
- Always keep your eye out for tough debris on the glass while wetting the window. You may have to use an abrasive pad or a razor blade to remove this.
- For cutting in, this is the technique of the starting point of removing the water from the glass with a squeegee. If you are right-handed, you need to start on the left side of the window. You, as a professional window cleaner, will also see that when you cut-in, it has to be three to five inches from the left corner.
- Next, removing the water from the glass with your squeegee. You will have to get into all of the corners to the frame of the window. This is to ensure that you are removing all of the water from the glass. Place your thumb should be placed at the middle-top of the handle. This is to make sure that even pressure is applied throughout the channel as you are squeegeeing the water.
- The back of your handle should always be placed at three inches away from the glass. This is to ensure that the correct angle on most standard tools.
- You have to move from one side to another while removing water from the glass.
- Closing Out – It is the last pass that you make on the glass with your squeegee. The closing out is the most challenging part of the fanning technique. You have to practice this technique over to be familiar with it. You may want to perfect closing out on the side, and at the bottom, depending on the various situations and obstacles you may run into.
- Clean the frames by removing all the excess water on the ledges. This technique can differ depending on if it is residential or commercial, and also the frequency and how dirty the frames are. Our preferred method for exterior commercial or shop front work us using a four to six-inch squeegee to wipe away the water.
- Our sixth step is detailing. Detailing is the process where we remove excess water that was left behind by the squeegee on the frame of the window. It is essential to know to touch the glass as little as possible with your towel. Wrap the towel on your finger to ensure that you are not smudging or smearing the glass with my cloth. It is also vital to hold the rest of the towel with your other hand, so it is not touching the glass either. Make sure that when you are detailing, you are using a proper detail cloth.
Disinfect Your Office During Flu Season
Workspaces are vulnerable to illnesses, especially during the flu season. Germs and bacteria are easily transmitted from one surface to the other.
When the germs are present, it increases the possibility of your employee catching the disease. Office window cleaning disinfection is a sure solution to provide your employees and customers with a safe and healthy place.
There are a lot of commercial cleaners in Sydney that can offer this service. All of their members are knowledgeable in providing effective window washers cleaning in Sydney disinfection that will minimize the spread of germs and bacteria.
It is also imperative for you to provide a healthy working environment for your staff and members to comply with health and safety regulations. This team of professional cleaners will help you achieve the overall hygiene standard and remove hazards that are threats to human health.
Why Is It Important to Disinfect Surfaces?
Surfaces are the breeding ground of bacteria and viruses. You have to be conscious of the contact that you are having and what can you do to interrupt the travel plans of the infections.
When we cleaning the office window, you have to start wiping from top to bottom of the surface that you are disinfecting.
You need to get all the areas. If you are wiping the table, it is also best that you wipe underneath because many times, hands and other things are there. Let it dry.
That is the part that most people are having a hard time, and disinfecting is not like the same as cleaning. You need to allow the chemical properties to deactivate and kill the viruses that are there.
Preventing The Spread of Germs in The Office
- According to studies, keyboards have hundreds of more time bacteria per square inch than a toilet seat. One of the simplest ways to cut down germs is to use something that is called the vampire cough. That is when you use your elbow to cover your mouth when you cough.
- Another thing to cut down the disease is to wash your hands regularly.
- Do not come in when you are sick.
- Get a flu shot.
- You can ask your office administrator to install hand sanitizing units around the office.
How To Be Safe During The Flu Season
We do not have so much choice. I and you and the rest of the people who are working in the office have to be around each other. Just like millions of people have to go to an office and spend all day with co-workers who can potentially be sick. Yes, you want to avoid that person coughing or sneezing on you, but there are some things in that office cleaning in Sydney you need to avoid before you even get to your desk.
With the flu spreading across the country, so many of us worried about catching the virus at work. We talked to a Family Medicine Doctor to point out the work danger zones and how to not get sick.
The flu can live up to twenty-four hours on the door. One university study finds that when one person is sick, more than half the surfaces and other employees in that office could be exposed to the virus after about four hours.
Do not touch the door with your hands. You can push it with your elbow or your back, or anything that will not touch your face afterward.
Once you get inside, be careful with that elevator. You can see the entire building start getting sick if one person comes in and touches one of the elevator buttons. The buttons are nastier than toilet seats. You need to wash your hands every time you get off from the elevator.
It is hard to look at co-workers and tell who is coming down with the flu. Be sure to clean your desk area with anti-bacterial wipes no matter what—the flu and cold look alike in terms of symptoms.
If you are coming into a high-traffic area, and a public workstation, you have got to wipe the surfaces down.
I want to address the inevitable cough, cold, and flu season that is abound. There will be those germs that you cannot avoid. They are airborne pathogens. Those are going to get into your system regardless of what you do. Some viruses exist on surfaces that you can avoid, and you can prepare for in advance. Those surfaces are called points of contact. Those are the things that you are frequently touching that other people are touching too.
It is essential to be mindful of points of contact outside, but the things that you can clean in control are the points of contact inside your office. To clean these, you will need to use a disinfecting product.
- Touch points are the area where the transmission of germs happens typically. Something like a door handle, or an elevator button, a touch-pad, things that are frequently touched or used are going to be the carriers of germs. Disinfect them and keep it clean during cough, cold, and flu season.
- Do not oversee the simple advice of washing hands. We know this even before we know the language. Not just before you eat but after you finish in the bathroom or in any other activities that you have taken on. Our hands are a primary transporter for all sorts of germs. You can keep your hands clean, and your hands are always touching your face, which gets more membrane, and the viruses are absorbed more. Proper hand washing is a way to keep yourself healthy.
- Keep your cupboard stuffed with age-appropriate products and medicines that will help each person in your office feel better.
- Hydrate. Drink water as often as you can. Make yourself feel good by keeping the fluid going.
- Have a post-flu clean up once the last sick employee has been sent home.
Aside from taking care of yourself, make sure that you are well-rested, you are back on track in terms of your eating and your drinking patterns and all the things that you need to do to keep yourself nice and healthy. You need to make sure that you are getting yourself back in shape.
To keep your colleagues, friends, and yourself protected from what could come again, you want to make sure that you clean those points of contact and any surfaces that you come in contact with. That way, you will not get anyone else infected with those germs. Of course, you might have built up immunity to those germs, but other people might not.
Germs can linger in the air for up to thirty minutes after someone with the flu has passed through, even in huge areas like the conference room during the afternoon meeting.
In the winter, the germs linger for even longer. If you are going to sneeze, sneeze into your elbow. It will stay there. There is no proof that by staying away from a sick person that you are less likely to contract the flu virus. It is not just a matter of someone sneezing, just conversation and breathing, and you can still pick up the flu from the infected person.
I hope that these tips will help people like you and your colleagues to be healthier during this flu season. Help us share tips and suggestions in keeping your windows clean and dirt free. Not just your windows, but your entire office. Let us spread awareness and start a helpful conversation on how our fellow cleaners can help combat the unseen enemies. Feel free to comment down below.