Floors are the shining glory of a business. We all know that floors are expensive. It deserves proper care if you want to maximize your investment. Join us as we talk about the different Sydney commercial cleaning approaches that we practice in commercial floor cleaning.
We promise to impart knowledge to you that you have not learned before. These are practical procedures that you will surely benefit from.
Top 4 Commercial Floor Cleaning Approaches
- Start by preparing all materials needed like a dry mop, dustpan, and brush. The brush can be used in picking up large trash items.
- Clear the floor from any large debris and trash.
- Take a dry mop stick if you will start dry mopping the floors. The commercial cleaner needs to hold the stick in an angle of forty-five degrees and push it straight ahead. He should check if the mop is already soiled and he mops across the floor area. He should change the mop head if required.
- He will take the collected dust and debris by using a dustpan.
- You will need to prepare the cleaning solution, wet mop with a mop bucket, and wet floor signage.
- Place the wet floor sign before you start a commercial floor cleaning.
- Fill in the mop bucket with water and a cleaning solution.
- Dip the wet mop head in the cleaning solution, rinse it, and wring it out.
- Hold the mop at forty-five degrees and proceed with mopping the floor.
- Pay attention to the corners.
- Wash and rinse the soiled mop
- Prepare the floor cleaning machine, scrubber head, scrubbing pads, hand pad, and duster.
- Check the floor machine’s condition before using it. Look and see if there are exposed wires.
- Remove the furniture and clear the floor surface as much as you can before starting the job.
- Put water in the machine tank and add your preferred cleaning solution.
- As you begin the process, you have to make sure that the power cord is placed on your shoulder.
- Move the machine in a zigzag pattern. Make sure to overlap on each pass to ensure that the entire floor is covered.
- Use a hand pad and duster so scrub corners and other areas that are not accessible to the floor machine.
- Dry the floor surface by sucking up the water with the wet vacuum.
- After sucking the floor dry, wet mop the floor one last pass.
- Ensure that you have the commercial floor cleaning machine, buffing head, buffing pads, buffer cleaning chemical,
- Place the buffing head to the floor cleaning machine.
- Spray the buffer cleaning chemical on the floor surface. You need to choose the appropriate cleaning chemical depending on the floor material.
- Drive the machine in a zigzag pattern overlapping the surface with each pass to ensure that all surfaces are covered.
Regardless of whatever floor cleaning methods you choose for your office space, you need to inspect your work after you are finished to make sure that you have not missed a spot.
Place all the cleaning equipment, tools, and chemicals that you have used during the process back to the custodial room. All cleaning chemicals have to be stored in a cool and dry place.
Tools and Equipment Needed for Commercial Floor Cleaning Business
Always remember that you need to choose the right type of pads and tools for the right floor. Making the wrong choice between the pad and the floor material can ruin the surface.
It is crucial to understand the machine, the pad’s colour, the floor type, and the machine’s RPM.
Floor pads are made from 100 per cent recycled polyester and natural fibres with water-based resin.
What Are the Different Floor Scrubbing Pads?
Always remember that when it comes to floor pads, the lightest colour is the softest pad.
White pad – White pad is usually used for buffing. It is compatible with buffing and burnishing machines. It functions from 300 to 800 RPM. It can also be used for polishing wooden floors.
Red pad – The most common floor pad. It can be used for light scrubbing and can easily remove light scuff marks. It is famous for spray and dry buffing, routine cleaning, and day to day maintenance work.
Blue pad – A little coarser as compared to the red pad. It can remove light to medium scuff marks on the floor when used in scrubbing machines. Blue pads are best for spray cleaning. It runs at 400 RPM.
Brown pad – It is for heavy-duty scrubbing. The brown pad can remove heavy scuff marks and stains from the floor surface. Since it has a coarse fibre, it is also used in light floor stripping.
Green pad – It has the same functionality as the brown pad only that it is coarser.
Black pad – This is the most aggressive type of pad. It is highly recommended for heavy floor stripping.
Different High-Speed Buffing Pads
The buffing pads are used in commercial floor cleaning machines with the RPM of 900 to 3,000.
Same as the scrubbing pads, the light colour pads are the softest. Tan is the coarsest.
Grits mean the abrasiveness of the cleaning pads that you need to use on a particular surface. It is mainly used for marble restoration. It is also recommended for grinding, honing, and polishing. These are the following grits that are available in the market:
100 and 200 grits are used for grinding.
400 and 800 grits are used for honing.
1,500 and 3,000 grits are used for polishing.
Floor grinding is the process of removing the deepest scratches and stains from the floor surface.
Floor honing is the procedure to use if you want to remove light scratches and stains from your floor.
Restore the shine from the floor surface.
Before you start accepting floor cleaning contracts, you need to ensure that all of your cleaning staff are trained. Floor materials have their own different needs.
Serious and expensive damages can happen if this is not done by the professional. Floor cleaning equipment is also costly. You can start by renting the equipment as you say your way of buying your own.
Read, research, and participate in-floor cleaning training to broaden your knowledge about different floor materials. Have the proper knowledge and experience and invest in the right tools and equipment.
Please let me know if you have questions and if you want to learn more about floor cleaning specifics. Write us a comment below. See you next time.