The floor is one of the most expensive investments a business may have. Different floor materials bring out additional grandeur and sophistication. It may be hard on the surface, but do not get fooled by its physical attributes because floors deserve proper care too. This is why you need to hire the right office cleaning services.
Many tile & grout cleaning services providers in Australia offer different methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining a shiny floor. This article will talk to you about these standard grout cleaning practices.
We also hope that you find these tips practical and apply them to your cleaning business. Remember that knowledge about different types of floors will help you understand the right technique.
You can never go wrong if you did your research and study it well. This article will be in two parts. The first section is about tile floors, and the second part is about grout cleaning.
Methods Of Tile & Grout Cleaning
How to Properly Clean a Tile Floor?
This section will show you how to do thorough tile & grout cleaning services and bring your tiles back to life. You will need to have the following:
- Bucket of warm water
- Scourer for tough spots
- Heavy-duty tile cleaner
- Appropriate PPE like gloves and goggles
Step by Step Ceramic Tile & Grout Cleaning Process
- Sweep the surface to get rid of dirt and dust. Use microfibre cloth for cleaning wall tiles, for example, kitchen and toilet. The microfibre cloth can clean dirt and dust sitting on the surface of your tiles.
- Mop the floor with warm water before using a heavy-duty tile cleaner. This process will help protect your grout.
- Add the tile cleaner to the warm bucket of water. Always practice using the appropriate PPE before starting the cleaning. You need to wear gloves and goggles to protect yourself.
- Read the label and follow the ceramic tile & grout manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning.
- Choose a suitable scourer for tough dirt and marks. Soak the scourer in the solution and scrub the tiles.
- Mop the entire floor with warm water when you are done. To make the process easier, mop using the S-pattern and keep your back straight at all times.
Wait until the surface is dry. Do not walk all over the tiles if they are not dry enough as it will invite dirt and dust once again. Make sure that you mop regularly to make your tile look fresh and clean.
Do’s and Don’ts for Mopping Tile Floors
Cleaning floors on hands and knees is not scalable in the commercial cleaning business. Professional ceramic tile & grout cleaners use the appropriate mop to carry out the job.
Most mops and steamers have pads as an attachment. These are the ones that touch the floors. Tile & Grout cleaning attachments can be removed, washed, and sanitized.
If you feel that every customer needs to have their own mops, you can add the mop’s cost to their initial cleaning. You can show up in that new job with a brand new set of colour-coded mops and leave it at your customer’s premises.
You have to mop floors as this is an integral part of your office tile cleaning job. You can use either a dry mop, wet mop, steamer, scrubber, or on your hands and knees, but you have to always remember the following:
Sweep or vacuum first. Pick up all the debris and collect the dust.
Then come in with your mop or steamer. Mop your way out of the house.
If there is anyone in the office, let them know that the floor is wet by putting the appropriate signage.
Process Of Grout Cleaning
Tiles can be everywhere. It can be in the hallway, kitchen, showers, and toilet. The grout in between the tiles can be challenging to clean.
- Spray bottle
- Cleaning toothbrush
- Cotton cloth
- Cleaning solution
- Baking soda
Grout is porous by nature which is the main reason why it traps dirt and dust easily. Grout can absorb almost everything which is why sealing your grout is very important.
Grout can get dirty because it was not sealed properly in the first place or the sealant has come off. You are making the situation worse when you mop the floor with dirty water. You are pushing the dirty mop water into the grout.
Here are the simple steps in cleaning your grout:
- Spray the grout line with the cleaning solution of your choice.
- Apply baking soda to the dampened grout line.
- Leave the baking soda for about 15 minutes.
- Get the cleaning toothbrush and scrub the grime away.
- Wipe the grout line with a clean cotton cloth to absorb the remaining moisture from the surface.
If your grout is nasty, you have to wet the tile & grout line with a lemon. Lemon is a natural brightener as compared to your usual cleaning solution.
We hope that you like this article. Please let us know your thoughts and comments about what you have learned. We also wish to know how you manage to clean ceramic tile & grout. With this article, we are also sharing one more ultimate guide on how to improve indoor air quality in the office.