An office reception sets the initial impression of a company. It defines how professional your business is. We are all familiar with the saying that goes like, “Do not judge the book by its cover.” Having a clean and tidy reception sets the tone. How do you expect your potential clients to hire you if clutters and unwanted smells welcome them as they visit you? This article will talk to you about the primary and easy things you can do to keep your reception tidy.
Most of the commercial cleaners who specialise in office cleaning often include reception maintenance. Office cleaners ensure that your reception is spotless, ready to receive visitors, clients, contractors, and employees the following day.
Defining the Space
A cramped space can be interpreted as unorganised. It will not help your visitors and potential clients relax as they sit in your reception coach. If your business has a limited space that you are using to be the waiting area, you may want to maximise what we are about to mention next.
Remove the Clutter
Hide the stationery inside the drawer and always keep a clean and tidy reception desk. Clutter can make your visitor’s eyes sore. They can also be distracted by the number of things that they can do in the reception area.
Do not place your filing cabinet in the reception area if possible. You align your filing folder inside a concealed cabinet or tuck them under your desk.
Minimise the Reading Materials
You should know the number of people that sit in your reception every day. Get magazines that are up to date, professional, and entertain your guests as they sit in the reception area.
As we go to these modern days, you will notice that only a few of your visitors bother to hold a magazine because most of them are busy with their mobile phones as they let their idle time pass.
Choose your Furniture Wisely
Consider the size of the space as you buy furniture. Do not get a couch that is too big for the room. Do not choose those with elaborate and complicated designs as it will not set the right tone for the business. Go with neutral colours that come with sleek and simple designs.
Pay Attention to the Smell
The reception area should not smell the same as your office. You can buy a diffuser with the scent appropriate for an office setup. In some cases, especially with those old offices, carpet can cause a stale smell. If this is the case, you can call your commercial cleaner and inquire about steam carpet cleaning. Clean group Sydney has been known for their excellent cleaning standards.
Choosing the Right Floor Care
The lobby or the reception area receives high foot traffic. The floor collects dust and dirt faster than any area in the office. Invest in good floor mats and door scrapers.
You can also ask your professional cleaner to vacuum and mop the floor regularly to keep it nice, clean, and spotless. Floors are made with different materials. Hiring a professional cleaner is a wise decision because professional cleaners have the proper knowledge of each floor material.
Make the Necessary Amenities Available
Having a small trash bin in the reception area is a wise decision. This will encourage your visitors to dispose of their trash properly and keep a reception area clean and tidy.
Other Things That You Need to Know
- Keep the lobby visually clean. Always look after the cleanliness of this area. Do not leave things in the reception that will distract and give a wrong impression to your visitors.
- Keep the reception desk neat, and do not leave the confidential paper works all over the place. Place all the documents inside the drawer, away from your visitor’s view.
- Have a clear pathway for your customer. Do not leave things on the floor that will impose safety hazards. Make sure that the floor is dry to avoid slipping accidents.
- Place signages to where your visitors can easily find the restrooms.
- Having beverages like coffee or water is a plus but not required.
- Choose the scent you will use wisely. Do not use strong-smelling scents if you are using diffusers, as some people have allergies.
- Assign an area where your visitors can leave their outdoor coats and umbrellas.
- Maintain adequate lighting. Not too dark and not too bright.
- If you have a TV in the reception area, play something that will talk about your company.
- If you choose to play music, choose something that is calming. Maintain a low volume enough for your visitors to hear one another comfortably.
Keeping the reception or waiting area should not be a challenge. As mentioned earlier, office cleaners include the cleaning for this area as part of the standard package. All you need to secure is choosing the right cleaning company.
There are plenty of commercial cleaning providers in Australia that offer these services. You can look up your local service provider and start the ball rolling.
How about you? Do you have a reception story that set your overall impression of that company you visited? Drop us a comment below if you have any questions about keeping a reception area clean and tidy.
We have professional cleaners on board who write during their free time. They are eager to answer queries and share their expertise for newly established cleaning businesses.