Your success in business depends on how you will present your office. The cleanliness and the overall appearance of your business dictate how well are you doing in your chosen field. Customers based their impressions based on what they see. Apart from your customers and potential clients, it is also crucial that you keep your business as clean as possible for your employees. A lot of different studies have proven that a clean and safe working environment has a positive result in your employee’s productivity.
The biggest question is, how will you find a trusted cleaning company? True enough, there are a lot of cleaning companies that offer almost the same services at the same price range. How will you make sure that you are employing the best cleaning company that will meet all of your expectations? This article will give you a rundown on how will you determine that a cleaning company is the best fit for you. When you are considering hiring a cleaner, bear the following questions in mind:
- Is the company established and trustworthy?
- How do they select and hire their cleaners?
- What are the cleaning services they provide?
- Are their cleaning practices documented?
Two Ways For Hiring A Professional Commercial Cleaners
In-house Cleaner – You may hire your cleaner just as you would with a regular employee. Your Human Resource Team can put up a post for the position and they can do the screening and hiring process. The in-house cleaner will do the routine cleaning for you but most of the time, the in-house cleaner will not be able to cover some requirements that an outsource cleaning company does.
Outsource – Getting an outsourced cleaning company is the best way to do it. In doing so, you are sure that you are employing professionals and trained commercial cleaners. Commercial cleaning companies have pools of certified cleaners that understand your needs and are trained to do the job. These cleaners are familiar with different cleaning approaches that will get the job done more efficiently.
What To Look For in Hiring a Professional Cleaner
Stature and Experience
It is very important that you will hire someone you can trust. Nowadays, it is very easy for you to conduct your own research to learn about a company’s reputation. You can always go online and take a look at their website. You can browse through the comments section and learn what kind of company they are.
Trust plays an important role because you are letting someone in your office who will have access to files and expensive items. You need to make sure that this person is trustworthy enough to not steal nor read anything that they can find inside your office.
Trustworthiness can be measured by:
- Asking for references – if you have nothing to hide, you can always give away references to where your potential clients can ask how your company does business.
- A number of existing customers – a reputable company will have a good number of loyal and happy customers.
- Year in service – ask the cleaning company of how long they have been in business. There is a good reason why are they around for so long. These cleaning companies have been doing good all along and work their way up to gain such a reputation.
Screening and Training Program for Professional Cleaners
Commercial cleaning companies who want to excel in this field do their hiring process very seriously. They have an eye for trustworthy and hardworking candidates. Once the hiring process is completed, this cleaner will undergo training that will secure the quality and satisfaction of their customers.
You can always ask your candidate for how they choose their employees during the hiring process.
- Training – an excellent company provides training that will equip their cleaners to do an excellent job. These cleaners have a deep understanding of safety and professionalism.
- Screening – to protect a potential client, a responsible cleaning company conducts background checks of each employee. This action provides additional trustworthiness for the customers.
- Consistency – it is good to have the same cleaner every time. Having the same person to attend the cleaning of your office creates familiarity. From familiarity, trust resonates.
Know the Different Types of Services That They Cater
Before concluding to hire a commercial cleaner, find out first if they offer all of the services that your office requires. Most of the cleaning service providers do routine cleaning but you can also find cleaning services in your area that can offer both the routine cleaning and the special cleaning that you may need in the future.
Regular cleaning includes:
- Collection of trash
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping
- Toilet cleaning
- Kitchen and breakroom cleaning
- Restocking of consumables like toilet paper, hand towels, and hand soap.
Extra cleaning covers:
- Steam Carpet Cleaning
- Strip and Sealing of floors
- Steam Cleaning for Office Chairs
- Pest Control
- After Construction Cleaning
- High Ceiling Cleaning
- Internal and External glass and window cleaning
What Types of Businesses Do They Serve?
When you look at the cleaning company’s profile, you will understand that they had specialized in office cleaning when you look at their portfolio. You will also know if they are experienced in cleaning a certain type of business like school, hospitals, or retail stores.
Here are a few businesses who have a high demand for commercial cleaners:
- Medical and Health facilities
- Schools, Daycare Centres, and Universities
You also need to figure out if you will need the cleaning services frequently or do you just need this to be done once.
Insurance and Bonds
A good way to tell if your cleaning company is reputable is by asking them to provide their certificate of bonds and insurances. You may also ask the commercial cleaning companies about their credentials and business licenses.
Insurance and bonds will protect your company in case the cleaner got injured or something went missing or damaged inside your premises. These documents will give you tremendous peace of mind.
Practices Green Cleaning
Most of the cleaning companies that offer commercial cleaning practice green cleaning. Green cleaning involves safe waste disposal, the use of low-energy equipment, the use of microfiber wipes, and the use of green cleaning products.
Other Important Factors That You Need To Consider in Hiring A Trusted Commercial Cleaner
Read through their Maintenance Agreement and negotiate if some of the terms will not work for you. You may also look for cleaning companies that are willing to be on a trial period before signing anything. Most of the cleaning company will provide a maintenance agreement that will lock you in for a period of time. Review what is on the contract and see if there are recourse that will protect you in case you are not satisfied with their services.
Gather at least three quotes to compare the prices. Sales Managers will normally require a visit to look at your office. He or she will see how big the office is and will determine the price based on the requirement you will need.
We all know that we cannot memorize an entire job. Ask if your candidate provides a cleaning checklist for their cleaners. The list will guide and remind the cleaner on what are the things that are needed to be done at a certain schedule.
Apart from the things that are stipulated in their Maintenance Agreement, will the cleaning provider offer flexibility in case you will need someone to be with you in cases of emergency and surprise visits from clients and potential customers? Ask them if they have set a certain procedure in case you will not need a cleaner to attend on a certain schedule.
Understands the Importance of their Job
It is good to have someone who works with you to achieve a certain goal. A good cleaner understands the value and the importance of their job in keeping your workplace clean and healthy.
Benefits of Employing The Right Cleaning Company
- Peace of mind knowing that your space is clean and healthy.
- You are assured that you are getting the best price possible for the requirement that you need.
- One-stop cleaning solution
- You know that your cleaners are all professional and know what they are doing.
So before you hire anyone, make sure that they had answered all of your questions and you also consider all of the things that I talked about in this article. This article will definitely guide you to the right cleaner. Feel free to share your experience and journey in hiring the best cleaner down below and let us talk about it.