COVID 19 had brought tremendous worry to almost everyone across the world. Businesses and individual households are wary of how they will protect the people who live in their homes or work for their businesses. Different methods of disinfection had surfaced in the commercial cleaning business since the pandemic started, but which among these proved to be effective?
We came across the newest technology that is used widely in the USA. Companies and businesses in this country are enjoying the benefits of Electrostatic Disinfection or Electrostatic Cleaning. Let us dive more into this and learn about how it works and how to implement covid clean.
What is Electrostatic Disinfection?
Disinfection and sanitisation cleaning do not change much from the uses of everyday cleaning materials like rags and mops to bleach as a common disinfectant. Now, there is electrostatic disinfection which offers superior results. It is very easy to implement and maintain a High-level disinfection cleaning.
The challenges in cleaning history go beyond the equipment or chemicals. One of the most significant contributing factors to infections is incomplete or improper procedures for disinfecting and sanitising.
Features of Electrostatic Disinfection
In a nutshell, Electrostatic Disinfection is the process where you need to spray a surface, whether it is your home and office or, any business, with an electrically-charged disinfectant particle that is coming out of the machine.
This electrically-charged disinfectant has the ability to wrap on whatever surface that you sprayed it on. It works on different surfaces like counters, walls, door handles, and carpets. The process also works very well with touchpoints and surfaces with odd shapes and hard-to-reach corners.
- The mist that comes out of the sprayer has a wrapping effect. With electrostatic disinfection, you are thoroughly coating the surfaces with disinfectant. Since it is a mist, you will not soak or saturate the surface with unnecessary moisture.
- The product is easy to use because it is portable.
- The chemical added to the sprayer is non-corrosive. Therefore, it will not damage or scratch what you are trying to disinfect.
- It promotes a non-contact application which means you do not have to wipe it with a cloth using your hands. You have to spray it on the surface and let the disinfectant sit on the surface. There is no opportunity where cross-contamination may occur.
- With electrostatic disinfection, every single surface can be sprayed and covered in order to protect you in disinfecting any kind of viruses that can be on any surfaces from the walls, tables, chairs, appliances, and any odd-shaped surface can be completely and safely sprayed.
- Electrostatic disinfection is 100 percent compatible on a wide variety of hard and soft surfaces which prohibits the growth of mould and mildew. It also eliminates smell and is safe on food preparation surfaces.
- It is safe, a non-bleach formula that is designed to dry in under five minutes. This way, the occupied space only needs to be vacated for a short time while spraying takes place.
- Electrostatic disinfection delivers three times the coverage of the traditional spray bottles due to positively-charged disinfectant droplets that magnetically attract and wrap around target surfaces.
Electrostatic disinfection is used to stop viruses. Viruses like H1N1, common cold and flu, and the current Corona Virus prevention, is the best way to make sure that your businesses or home are fully-disinfected and safe for your family and yourself. See this diagram below if you are wondering which practice gets the most result:
How Does Commercial Cleaners Carry Out the Electrostatic Disinfection in Australia?
Electrostatic disinfection is not yet widely used in Australia. This method is commonly used in the USA. I have come across one commercial cleaning company in Sydney NSW, Australia, who called this process the Clean Group Electrostatic Disinfection Method. They are using a hospital-grade disinfectant to make the mist more potent and achieve better coverage and effectivity.
Clean Group uses a Method portable electrostatic spraying device with their own choice of hospital-grade disinfectant.
1. Before rendering the service to home or businesses, commercial cleaners wear their personal protective equipment which includes things like disposable gloves, a mask, and goggles. This process is entirely safe and eco-friendly, but commercial cleaners wear this as a precaution.
2. For spraying surfaces like kitchen counters, office desks, reception counters, and any horizontal surfaces, it is best to spray on top and allow the droplets of the mist to settle.
3. For spraying chairs, spray on top of it and make sure to spray on the legs too.
4. The electrostatic sprayer atomizes the disinfecting solution. The droplets pass the electrodes inside the nozzle, creating a magnetic-charged spray that wraps around all touchpoints and grounded room surfaces. It is being used all over the US with amazing results. The whole process of not only disinfects and inhibit the moulds, but it also inhibits the smell.
5. When using the sprayer, make sure that your hands are firmly wrapped around the handle because this will determine how efficient you are coating a surface. Stand back at least two to three feet away from the surface that you are spraying.
6. Never store the sprayer with water in it. Take the tank out to make sure that there is no water left after each service. Remove the water tank and spray to eliminate the residual water that is in the hose.
Different Sprayer and Fogging Equipment For Electrostatic Disinfection
Regardless of the sprayer you choose, the general rule of thumb when applying disinfectant, you can count on treating about 150 to 200 square feet with a gallon of the diluted solution. Concentration matters when it comes to diluting and spraying the disinfectant.
Before you begin whatever process you choose for disinfection, you need to wipe the surface down to treat all of the high contact spots like doorknobs, water taps, elevator buttons, fridge handles, telephones, and keyboards.
Fogging is a supplementary application to help treat all those other areas that are too time-consuming to treat by the conventional methods. When you are using a fogger or mister, the idea is not to rely on that solely but to use this as a secondary supplemental type of application.
You do not need to aim the fogger directly to the surface because if you do that, you will oversaturate that surface and you will have a lot of runs. Just aim the nozzle indirectly and let the current of the mist carry the disinfectant to the surface that you are treating.
Unless you are fogging with a food-grade, no-rinse sanitiser, anything stronger that this needs to be rinsed at the end of the process. That is why it is best practice to remove all the kitchen utensils and cutlery if you are fogging the pantry or the kitchenette in the office or home.
For electric backpack sprayer is great for treating large surface areas where you have to sanitize or disinfect. This equipment has its own onboard pump and it turns on automatically when you squeeze the trigger.
Traditional wipe and clean method of disinfecting help are not completely effective in reaching hard-to-reach places.
There are many safety benefits associated since the chemical is applied in a more uniform and controlled manner, this removes the dangers of overuse and reduces waste by as much as sixty per cent per square foot than manual spray and wipe methods.
Infectious diseases are serious business and electrostatic cleaning will help you minimize the risks. As cliche as it sounds, sharing is caring. Please share this content if you believe that these methods will help us win the fight against COVID 19. Write your comment and suggestions or ask us any questions about commercial cleaning as we will be here, always willing to share our knowledge with you.