Doctors, this blog post will provide you with a guide to how to disinfect your doctors room for COVID-19 best.
This is the most important step in preventing Covid-19 from spreading throughout your medical. Therefore, it’s important that you follow these guidelines and don’t skip any steps.
We will share with you the methods, items, and measures that have been deemed efficient by the CDC.
Why You Should Clean the Doctor’s Room
Cleaning the doctor’s room is important because it will help prevent the spread of Covid-19 to other patients. The more that you do, the better.
You mustn’t rush through it and make sure you disinfect all surfaces thoroughly. Safety precautions have been taken to create a thorough and efficient Covid-19 cleaning guide to be sure that you have done everything possible.
What You Will Need for Your Doctor’s Room:
Covid-19 can be transmitted through many surfaces, so make sure to use disinfectants on every room surface.
The most important materials that you will need are:
- 1. Disinfectant
- 2. Rubber Gloves
- 3. Latex or Nitrile Gloves (Optional)
- 4. Face Masks (Personal Protective Equipment)
- 5. Protective Eye Goggles (Optional)
- 6. Container for Soiled Materials/Waste Bags (Recommended)
- 7. Cleaning Equipment: Mop, Broom, Bucket, etc.
- 8. Cleaning Supplies: Paper Towels, Sponges, Bleach Alternative(Optional)
- 9. UV Damp/Wipe Cloths (Optional)
Healthcare facilities may keep all of these supplies on hand to be ready for situations. Make sure that you have enough materials to thoroughly clean the doctor’s room without having to start over again because you don’t have anything left.
Also, make sure to use new Covid-19 cleaning service solution and not old ones. You do not want any bacteria or contaminants in your cleaning supplies.
Before You Start, Make Sure That Your Patient Has Been Transferred To Another Room:
The most important thing you will need is to ensure that the patient has been transferred to another room. Make sure they have left the doctor’s office and taken care of by a nurse or orderly.
How to Disinfect Doctor’s Room For COVID-19
Now let’s take a look at the best method to disinfect your doctor’s room. You will need to follow this step by step as closely as possible, so that you can be sure that you have done everything necessary:
Mop The Room
1. First, you will want to mop the room with disinfectant. Make sure to use a new mop head for this process. This will remove most germs and debris from the room.
Spray With A Cleaning And Disinfection Cleaner
2. Next, spray an antibacterial cleaner on all surfaces in the office, making sure that you pay close attention to the sink, door handle, window handles/pulls, computer handles, light switches etc. Do not let any surfaces dry out before you wipe them down with disinfectant wipes or sponges.
Clean More Specific Surfaces
3. After this process is complete, you may use more designed chemicals for specific surfaces. This includes items such as keyboards, phones, doorknobs etc. Again, make sure you spray different disinfectants on each surface and wipe it down after each use.
Use A Bleach Alternative
4. After all surfaces have been treated with the chemical sprays, you will want to spray down the entire room with a bleach alternative. This will kill any remaining germs.
Use UV Lights (Optional)
5. After this step, you should have a cleanroom. Use UV lights in your facility to make sure all surfaces are cleaned properly and free of any contamination.
Remember, it is the most important thing that you do not rush through this process. Make sure that every surface is disinfected before you move on to the next step.
It’s very easy to miss a spot accidentally, so be sure that you aren’t missing anything. If you notice any spots that weren’t wiped down properly, go back and clean those areas again.
Clean all the frequently touched surfaces/items, as those are the most likely places to have been contaminated. Also, ensure workers always clean their hands before they leave the room.
Simple measures like this will help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to other patients, doctors and nurses.
Most importantly, make sure that you keep disinfecting the doctor’s room until it is thoroughly cleaned. You never want to rush through something like this because it can have serious consequences.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact your local healthcare facility/doctor’s office. They will be able to help guide you through the right steps that should be taken when disinfecting a doctor’s room for COVID-19.
Hopefully you’ve found this guide to be helpful. It’s always important to keep in mind that even if it seems like the doctor has everything under control, infections are still out there and can spread easily.
We hope that you are able to get through this process without any problems. Just remember that no matter what, if you have questions or concerns about how the doctor is disinfecting their office/room, always contact them before doing it yourself. Do You Need to Hire a Cleaning Service?
We can help! Clean Group is the best choice for your business. Our services are affordable, and we’ll work with you to make sure our service meets your needs. Plus, we have over ten years of experience in the industry, so you know that we do it right when it comes to commercial cleaning.
Let us take care of all your office cleaning needs so that you can focus on running your business instead of worrying about how dirty everything has gotten behind closed doors.
You won’t find another company as experienced or reliable as ours, so let us cleanup for good your workplace, and minimize the risk!